I now pronounce you pattern and swim dress.
Sorry to disappoint you because everyone likes a beautiful bride, it’s just not that kind of party here on the blog.
Those who know me should have thought the first post was weird seeing as how I am not a minister in any shape of fashion.
I also apologize if you feel tricked- I only thought it was catchy for this post, although I did feel like a blushing bride once I finished this dress and wore it.
I have been wanting to make a swim dress for a very long time and I think I found the right pattern to do so.
I picked up #Simplicity 1878 by Lisette on ebay (it’s out of print) and decided to use it with some swimsuit fabric from #fabricmartfabrics (that is where most of my fabric is purchased).
Things I did to Sewlify this dress-
1. This pattern calls for a woven so I was really sceptical whether they would get along after the wedding (smile).
It was a daring endeavor to marry these two but I gave it a try and this is the outcome.
2. I ommitted the interfacing in the top.
3. I also ommitted the zipper in the back for obvious reasons.
4. I sewed up the vent in the front- I may add that to another dress, because I do plan on making this again.
5. The length I wanted was between view A and B, so I lengthed it to a midi.
Okay, ya’ll I am ready to go swimming now. 🙂
I would really like to know what you think.
I will give an update once I have used it for it’s purpose and washed it.
Much love from the Sew’l Sista